Tuesday 2 December 2014

Big update

Has been a while since I last wrote here. Usually this means either good news, or bad news. In this instance, some good news. There are a lot I've learnt, and I'll try my best to summarise it as best as I can.

As it stands, the last attack I had was in late July. This means I have been in remission for the last 15 or so weeks and here is what I have done differently


  • Reduced caffeine consumption
  • Reduced Sodium Chloride consumption and subsequently gone back to normal salt
  • Absolutely removed as much intake of any Flavour Enhancers, MSG, 621-635, Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein, Yeast extract
  • Remove exposure to yeast

Here are some of the experiences as above


  • Absolutely one of the worst things you can do if you are an athlete is to have stimulant such as caffeine as a pre-workout or worst, high dose daily caffeine consumer. I found that caffeine masks bodily pain, and causes the person to be chemically imbalanced. There is a huge tendency to overtrain without adequate rest, under eat and push yourself to exhaustion. It also results in the lack of recovery, perhaps through the rejection of nutrients. in one word, this is a huge contributing factor. I now drink one shot of coffee every second day instead of 4-6 shots every day.
  • Reducing salt for someone who exercises a lot is dangerous. If I was to put a number to it, I would be able to train around 30% my normal activity, resulting in what I would describe as capitulation of muscle and motor movement ability. Usually the first symptom after a short training session begins with cramps in the limbs, and a lack of co-ordination. Magnesium in this case, does not compensate.
  • I would make this my greatest contribution to an attack. And yes, I know, glutamates are extremely abundant, literally anywhere. But for whatever the reason, be it known or not, the chemical or added form triggers either an immediate migraine, or Meniere's symptoms resulting in the ear blockage, and then finally shows up as vertigo when it clears. Calcium glutamate crystals in the middle ear? That is my suspicion.
  • Bread yeast seems to make me feel fragile and unwell. Is that an allergy or a catalyst in yielding of histamine?
Lastly, I standby that I still have a strong suspicion that in fact, a very large number of Meniere's cases are a form of Vestibular Migraine and so triggered by the foods we eat, whether it is immediate or not, but I am not medical researcher/doctor.

I hope you are well. Will aim to write back after the summer, where most of my attacks historically has been grouped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment